Juneteenth may be over, but fighting for further racial justice reform is not. It’s time to recognize and understand initiatives “Beyond Juneteenth.”
Below, you will find resources that will provide you with the needed understanding to continue the fight for racial justice:
President and CEO, Barbara Perez’s Letter about Juneteenth
Stop HB-294: The Ohio Anti-Voter Bill
Every eligible person should be able to exercise their constitutional right to vote and should have equal access to the process. HB-294 is a huge threat to Ohian voter rights.
- View and track the progression of the bill by clicking here.
- Sign the petition provided by Cincinnati NAACP: Sign here.
- With help from the Ohio Voter Rights Coalition, mail your legislators by clicking here OR call your legislators by clicking here.
Voter Suppression through a National Lens: The Economy
- The New York Times article: Hundreds of Companies Unite to Oppose Voting Limits, but Others Abstain
- Forbes article: Why Corporate America Opposes Voter Suppression
- ESPN article:
No-Knock Warrants: It’s Time to End Them for Good
- For more information and understanding of no-knock raids, visit We The People Organize, here.
- A comprehensive paper studying no-knock police warrants: Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America by Radley Balko. Read it here.
- Understand and read more on Breonna’s Law, a law passed in Kentucky by Governor Andy Beshear in regard to no-knock warrants after Breonna’s death in Louisville, KY last spring by clicking here.
- Cincinnati Enquirer article: Cincinnati restricts no-knock warrants
- The Task Force on Policing, falling under Council on Criminal Justice, released a policy assessment on No-Knock Warrants and Police Raids
Health Disparities Are Very Much Still Alive- So What Are We Going to Do About It?
- Resources available from the CDC, here.
- The Sentencing Project publication: Black Lives Matter: Eliminating Racial Inequity in the Criminal Justice System
- The Commonwealth Fund article: What is being done to reduce health disparities in the United States?
- Breaking down racial disparities by race, provided by The COVID Tracking Project, here.
- University of Nevada research article: The Fight to Eliminate Health Disparities in the U.S.
- Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy article: Studies spotlight COVID racial health disparities, similarities
No Parent Should Have to Have “The Talk” With Their Children
- NPR article: A Black Mother Reflects On Giving Her 3 Sons ‘The Talk’ … Again And Again
- Four Black men reflect on their “talks” in this Georgia Public Broadcasting article:
- Arizona Public Media video: The Talk – black parents share how they teach their children what to do when approached by police
- Vox article: Black parents describe “The Talk” they give to their children about police
- Learn how “the talk” may affect Black children’s psychological development in this research article by UNC: Black Families Use “The Talk” to Help Their Children Cope with Racism
It’s Time to Put an End to the “School-to-Prison Pipeline”
- Vox video explains: What is the “school-to-prison” pipeline?
- Learning for Justice magazine feature: The School-to-Prison Pipeline
- For resources on juvenile justice issues by the National Juvenile Justice Network, click here.
- ACLU school-to-prison pipeline infographic
- The National Education Association: How to End the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline